- What: BLM@Pratt’s Summer Young Artists & Activists Institute
- This project is a free intensive summer program for young people in the NYC area interested in studying, collaborating & practicing methods of community engagement and art as activism. This program is a week long and will take place on Pratt Institute’s Brooklyn campus (200 Willoughby Avenue). Critical Thinking, Creative Writing, Community Engagement & Multi-Media Performance Pedagogy will be explored during the week.The culminating event on Thursday will include a city-wide pop up performance within Pratt’s landscaped sculpture garden.
- Facilitators: Mahogany L. Browne, Adriana Green, Tongo Eisen Martin & Jive Poetic.
- Where: Pratt Institute, Brooklyn Campus (4 classrooms)
- When: June 26 – 29, 2017; 11am-3pm
- Who: Seniors from surrounding high school campuses have been invited (limit 10 youth) & 20 students (freshman – seniors) from performance poetry & social justice groups from college campus (including but not limited to: BARNARD, BMCC, HUNTER COLLEGE, NYU & QUEENS COLLEGE.)
Interested? Email Mahogany L. Browne at email@example.com.
Program Director — BLM@Pratt
Artistic Director – Urban Word NYC
Poet-In-Residence — Poets House
Executive Editor/Micro Editor – The Offing Magazine